Thursday, March 27, 2008

"I'm new in town; I've been here 17 years."

I got to say that today at a township zoning committee meeting tonight, where I spoke against a proposed drag strip all too close to my house.

It was a bit of a laugh line but I thought it was necessary to say it since my neighbors were getting increasingly irritated by outsiders from the Big Bad City down the highway telling them what a great idea this was. And no one would mistake me for a born-and-bred inhabitant of the township.

But it seems that the vast majority of my neighbors and I are on the same wavelength on this issue.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you luck on this -- we saw the coverage on the local news and thought it looked like your neck of the woods (your road, even!). In no way does this sound like a good idea so I'm hoping this gets quashed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is our road; indeed, right across our road..

    ReplyDelete