Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dead Kennedys’ Plastic Surgery Disasters and Christian-Muslim relations in Early Medieval Spain


If you are one of those people who comes here looking for insights into obscure medieval topics, I am afraid I've got nothing for you today -- except, of course, something from Jonathan Jarrett, who is trying to interpret a ninth-century theological treatise written in Muslim -ruled Cordoba, Spain.

And if you want to know what the Dead Kennedys have to do with this, you'll have to read not just the post but the footnotes.

Image: the martyrs of Córdoba at the Last Judgment.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:29 am

    I suppose to really make the point I should have been listening to The Mothers of Invention's `Brown Shoes Don't Make It', which is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about; but I wasn't. On the other hand, I defy anyone anywhere to come up with a pithier insight into mob psychology than the DKs' `Riot'... and that has application in Old or New Rome as much as anywhere! Thankyou for the link, as ever.

    ReplyDelete