Friday, January 27, 2012

That beautiful destrier, again


I am trying to put the finishing touches on my translation of Charny's Questions, and once again I have come up against the case of the beautiful destrier -- Tourney Question 8.  I have had real experts look at this and they are baffled, and suggest that there is a transcription error.   Therefore I am putting out this call to anyone who has access to Jean Rossbach's edition (in the Free University of Brussels library, or to the main mss., which are at Paris and Brussels.  Your help in checking the text would be much appreciated.

Anyone who has sufficient confidence in their mastery of Middle French can contact me directly and I will send you the French text and my current translation, and you too can have a go at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful info you pгοvide іn your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check again here гegularly.
I'm quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
Here is my page - lex est quod referencus