Thursday, May 15, 2008

The BBC's version of the medieval mind -- and the Middle Ages come to North Bay

Richard Scott Nokes of Unlocked Wordhoard directs our attention to a YouTube-posted trailer for the upcoming BBC 4 Medieval Season. Unfortunately, much web material will be available only in the UK. But we can enjoy this:


And in another jurisdiction,

@Discovery North Bay is pleased to announce the Grand Opening of the “Once Upon a Time…” medieval exhibit, on 24 May 2008, from 1:00 – 3:00 pm, at 100 Ferguson Street. The exhibit originates with the Bruce Country Museum and Archives, and will be in North Bay until 5 September, 2008.

More on this later...

Update: I will be speaking at the Grand Opening on "Why the Middle Ages are Important."

1 comment:

  1. Steve (et All)

    I had worked on the initial version of the 'Once Upon a Time'. A long story - they had counted on a number of loan objects, which then either did not arrive or were less than enough to fill the exhibit. They contacted me with about 2 weeks (!!) to go before the grand opening - with hardly anything to include. I put together most of the original hands on components, and a good number of the smaller 'daily life' pieces you may see. I also pulled together a staff training package (which may or may not still come in the exhibit package). Our artisan friends also contributed, I think Kes Smith also has a good number of her pewter tokens still on display.
    Bad news is that I have been pretty much isolated from the exhibit since. I had hoped that my name might be retained against staff training and other support as the show traveled (which it has extensively in Ontario since).
    Darrell

    ReplyDelete