Saturday, December 30, 2017

Done!

DONE!

I rhink that I can HONESTLY say that the translation that Phil and I have been working on (in my case for more than a decade) is done,  Yeah, there's room for correction, and we need an introduction a (finished) glossary and an agent and a publisher, but any reader should be able to understand the Chronicle  of the Good Duke Loys de Bourbon, and get a lot out of it.

In the last couple of weeks I've been anticipating this moment by starting two other translations:

Jacques Bretel's, thirteenth-century poetic account of a grand tournament.

Sicily Herald's fifteenth-century treatise about how they did tournaments back in the Good Old Days.

I have actually started on both.  I think these projects will be considerably easier than the Good Duke.

No comments: