Monday, May 17, 2021

Another movie or so

 There are a lot of movies on Netflix that may be better than they look.


One of them is Broadchurch, a TV series about a picturesque region of England (out in the West country)  where some children have have been murdered and a cop who comes from out side the region has the difficult job of figuring out the local culture. Since I  started watching Netflix I have seen quite a few series with pretty much the same plot  -- set in Orkney, Denmark, you name it.  I tend to steer clear of most of these


But Broadchurch is different. How, you ask?  It is absolutely excellent in all respects.  


Not quite as good is Gotham, which is a non-superhero series about Batman's father.  When I say it's not quite as excellent as Broadchurch, that still leaves plenty  of room for enjoyable watching.  Note that I am not very interested in the DC universe, the Marvel universe, or most graphic novels.  Nevertheless, Gotham won me over.



No comments:

Post a Comment