Wednesday, May 10, 2023

And now for the bad news -- Texas (but not just Texas)

I was just reading coverage of the recent massacres in Texas and the public and political reaction to them.

And I asked myself, how do you characteerize the state (in its various meanings) of Texas now?

Chaos?.

Warzone?.

Failed state?. I lean to that last one because the elected leaders of Texas feel no obligation to take preventative measures to stop the slaughter of ordinary Texans by men weilding weapons of war. All they care to offer is prescriptions for prayer for those who have already been victimized. If that's really what they think, they should resign their seats and stay home and pray. Going to church to pray, I note, might be too dangerous.

But staying home is no guarantee.

As perhaps a side isssue it really angers me that the self-appointed killers are presented as chaimpions of liberty and constitutional order. The Founding Fathers would have known what to call the present situation: "the war of all against all." And they would have done something about it. Using, perhaps, a well-regulated militia.

No comments: