Ancient, medieval, Islamic and world history -- comments, resources and discussion.
Sunday, September 13, 2026
YouYube treasure
YouTube is full of channels on history which take the irritating position that "the experts are WRONG!" "They've LIED to you!" This is particularly true of writers on the American Civil War and the Bible. Still, a good many of these presentations have good content, despite the trope.
I just ran across one that I found fascinating: 10 Medieval Geniuses Who Figured Things Out Centuries Too Early (For some reason I can't copy and paste the URL to make the link.) The ten geniuses, many of them products of the Islamic Golden Age, discovered immportant concepts hundreds of years before they were popularized by European thinkers of the Renaissance such as Newton and Leibnix. Lacking the printing press, the men who formulated the arithmatic of zero, the nature of inertia, the theory of the Big Bang, and the proper explanation of the rainbow are extremely obscure figures.
This is attributed to Medieval Nathan. Nathan has written other pieces and I'll be having a look at them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment